Minetto fifth graders design and paint trash barrels for Riverview Park.
In the summer of 2000, the planters in front of the DuBois
Hotel were planted with flowers after the town granted their approval.This was done at personal expense and was
very well received by the public.At
the September 2000 town board meeting, the plan for a Minetto Beautification
Committee was presented to the town board and the board members were very
receptive of the idea.That fall the
committee worked on getting town signs as you enter Minetto from our County
Legislator.We also planted spring bulbs
and decorated for the Minetto Children’s Christmas party at the Town Hall.
From this simple beginning the Minetto Beautification
Committee is active in Minetto year round.
- Canal Clean Sweep usually during Earth Week. The committee has organized citizens since 2006 for this cleanup project which
includes the areas on both sides of Route 48 along the Canal.
- Purchase and plant the flower gardens at the town hall, and the Veteran's Monument in the park, the planters along the
canal, pots and carts are at various stations in the town hall and park areas
- Mulch the Riverview Park trees and gardens
- Purchase and made arrangements to have American Flags in the town
- Waters and cares for flowers
- Helps with Magic in Minetto organization
- Face Painting booth each year since Magic in Minetto began in 2002
- Committee contacted a town artist to design
welcome banners that fly each season to welcome visitors to our town
- Plant fall chrysanthemums in carts, planters and flower pots
- Decorate with pumpkins, fall scarecrows, wreaths at town hall
- Clean up park before winter weather
- Purchased Snowflake Christmas decorations
- Light up the park trees, hang wreaths with spotlights in the park to celebrate the Holiday season
- Decorate the town hall for the Children’s Christmas party
We were very proud to accept a Certificate of Appreciation
Award from The Heritage Foundation of Oswego in 2006 for the gardens
surrounding the Leadbetter-Brinklow WWI Monument in the Riverview Park.
We would also like to thank the Town Highway Department for
their continued support of our projects.